Sunday, October 29, 2006

Family Fun!

Okay, I seem to be struggling with the pictures. Sorry my blog looks so blah.
This weekend has been a busy one. Is there a weekend that isn't busy especially when you have five children, a husband, and half of our things are in a storage unit? I went there on Saturday, in between a soccer game and a church "Trunk or Treat", to find parts of costumes, shoes that will fit a growing George for church the next day, and warmer clothes for Lucy. I ended up scaring the kids and David with a pair of old glasses I used to wear. What I was thinking when I bought them I don't know.
The children all looked fabulous in their costumes. Carson was Zorro, Callie was a fairy, George a green Power Ranger, Ginger was the princess Cinderella, and Lucy was a clown. Now we just need to get all done up again on Tuesday. We always go to the nursing home on Halloween where David works to share with the residents there. They love to see all the children dressed up.
At the Trunk or Treat at the church they also had a chili cook-off for dinner before all the candy went flying. I had signed up to take some chili but didn't really have a recipe so I turned to the Internet. I found one that looked pretty good and made it. I didn't know it was a cook-off till later that day. Well, the Bishopric judged the chili and there were several categories like sweetest, noisiest(resulting later), spiciest, mildest, and so on. Then there was the best overall chili category that we won! They had a plaque with a "Golden Ladle" hanging from it. The kids kept saying in amazement, "We won the golden ladle!". They got a big kick out of it.
On Saturday I turned 33. Ginger being 3 said I was like her. What a sweetie! My birthday present was that we finally sold our home in Lincoln on Friday. What a blessing! We are so grateful for all in Lincoln that has helped us in anyway. We are grateful to be able to move on but hope that we can always stay in contact with our friends in Lincoln. This blog should help. We miss it there. When Callie gets upset, with me of course, she says she wants to go back to Lincoln. I tell you what, I will be positive and say that the teenage years will be memorable and priceless.

4 comments:

wendysue said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you set up a blog! I tell ya, pictures are sometimes come or go with blogger. I feel lucky if I catch it on a good day and load up all my pictures I need to! And hey, how about sharing that Golden ladle chili recipe!!

I had to laugh about the glasses, Matt found his old 1990's ones, I think they covered up half of his face they were so huge!!

Hollie said...

Hey Amanda! It's so good to hear from you. Now I can always keep in touch with the blogging. I love blogging.

Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see all the pictures. I'm with wendysue....we need the recipe.

Say hi to Callie for me and tell her that I still have the note she wrote me when you guys moved:)

Miss you guys! Did your sister get on her mission o.k.?

Amanda said...

Wendy, the glasses did cover half of my face and the lens were so thick. Yuck! Hollie, I will tell Callie Hi. She would love to hear it. http://www.ichef.com/recipe.cfm?task=display&itemid=80377&recipeid=80039
Here's the chili web page. I'm glad to finally be doing this also. When I try to put a picture on it gets blocked. I tried turning off the pop-up blocker. I'll keep working with it.
Diannah did get off okay. She got to Arkansas on the 10th. She's really good about writing, better than I was. Of course I didn't have email. I didn't even know what an email was till I got back.

Christy said...

Welcome to blogland!

The kids in my SS class were all talking about when they turn 13. They were pretty impressed when I told them I was 13 backwards! Okay, as impressed as 12 yr. olds can get.

About loading pictures to blogger---once I switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox I haven't had any problems.