Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Obey your mother or else...

Yesterday I needed to go to the bank. I told all the kids to get dressed and ready to go. George didn't want to get dressed so I followed him to get dressed and to direct him from his protests of going. I finally got him dressed while the others waited in the car. I then tried to push him a little to get in the car and he stood his ground and didn't move. I decided then that I would just get going and turn the car around and see what he would do. As I was slowly driving down our road he came running after us. I stopped the car and let a tear filled George get in. I had him sit in the front to talk to him. I was very calm and I told him that when we need to go to the bank, we need to go to the bank and you need to obey your mother. With big tears he cried and asked why I left and I explained it again. He then said, still crying, "You scared me like a freakin' chicken!" I had to turn my head so he could not see me laughing and I had to hear it again. I turned and asked him what he said. He repeated it exactly with tears and all, "You scared me like a freakin' chicken." Poor guy! I just chuckled a bit and hugged the little guy.

2 comments:

Alan said...

That's so funny! Aren't you glad you have a blog so you can remember that moment. This is Rachel, not Alan like it will say. I'm working on his computer.

Kev and Nan said...

oh my goodness Amanda, where do your children get some things?! That is the funniest thing ever!! It always makes my day to hear thier funny stories. Whenever you have any let me know :)