Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School


We decided this year to take the school bus. Other places we lived didn't offer buses or we lived to close. In Dillon, MT we did put Carson on the bus as a kindergartener.

The bus stop for us is a mile away and they catch the bus at 6:50 am. Today we made it okay, next week might be a different story. We figured it would save on gas, help us get up earlier, and when the snow starts coming they might acctually make it to school. We keep hearing from ward members about the feet of snow that we could get, depending on the year.



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Early Start! I don't think I could do it. Getting up at 7 again has been really good for me though, I feel so much more organized through the day.

Nick + Liz said...

Well at least they will be able to tell their children and grandchildren that "...when I went to school we had to walk a mile in deep snow, up hill both ways, to catch the bus...".

Sounds like fun to me.

Good luck getting everyone up early.

Deb said...

I loved riding the bus and have so many great memories as a result. One time, the bus driver ran into a fire hydrant 2 blocks from school and we had to wait for another bus to come and take us the rest of the way. (For liability reasons, I guess.) I always loved when I was late and I could flash the bus pass. :)

Audra said...

I am soooooo glad school has started! The kids are too! hahaha!

Team Pettijohn said...

We are getting to know how the bus works too! IT'S AWESOME!!!! Sorry you have to get up so early...that would be challenge to get everyone off to school on time. Hope ya'll are doing good...take care!