Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sick days

For the last few weeks there have been several people ask me if my kids have gotten sick yet. I thankfully said no. I guess its going around and around here. Well it hit us. Ginger has had a low grade fever since Monday. I think it was more like Sunday that she wasn't feeling very well because we had Stake conference and she was all over the place. Her checks were rosy and she seemed so tired. It was a long two hours to say the least!

Then Callie got sick Tuesday morning with a low grade fever too. She stayed out of school that day but was sad because that night was her Christmas concert. The 2nd and 3rd graders sang together so Carson had to be there also. I didn't know what to do. You know how they always feel better once they get some Tylenol in them. David was in Branson on business so I tried to get someone to watch the little ones. That didn't work so I decided to clean them all up and head out the door. I told Callie don't touch anyone. If Carson wasn't in it, we wouldn't have gone. The younger kids did really well for the first 3/4 of it. The last two songs we walked around the school. I met one of Callie's friends and her mom which was nice. It helps to at least meet them before they come over to play. After finding Carson we piled in the car to get an ice cream at McDonald's. The kids got their own sundae which they thought was cool. Remember that feeling of sitting down to a huge ice cream cone or banana split. It probably wasn't that huge it just looked that way to a little kid.

Lucy doesn't have a fever but threw up Wednesday night and has had diarrhea today. I just hope it avoids the rest of us and all of you out there. No fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We were all sick over thanksgiving(so depressing!) with that stuff, the vomiting and diahrea. Sam's illness just hung on forever. I hope you don't have to go through all kids getting that. Good luck. Rachel

Hollie said...

Hey Amanda,

We were sick over Christmas....it's the pits! I do remember that feeling of being a kid and getting my own ice cream from McDonalds. That sounds kinda good right now.

Are you guys feeling better?