Monday, May 14, 2007

Our jouney to Utah

Well its been a little while and so much to catch up on.

We left Independence, MO Saturday March 31st. We spent the morning, with lots of help from friends and ward members, loading up our U haul from the apartment and our storage unit. It was weird to drive away with everything we own in a truck. The last time we did that was when we moved from Baker City, OR to Dillon, MT. (five years ago) When we moved from MT to Lincoln, NE the company moved us with a big moving truck so I wasn't there to see it all. Then with our move from Lincoln to Independence, MO, which is three hours apart from each other, we made three different trips to get our stuff down there because we still had our house in Lincoln.

Just as we got onto Hwy 2 heading towards Lincoln we stopped at the gas station there. David hooked up the U haul and then went inside to get some snacks. When he came out we talked for a bit then got in the vehicles. I was facing David as he pulled away and saw some guy cutting him off and laughing. Then another car did the same. I see David get out and go to the other side of the truck. He then walks back to the pump station holding the gas pump that had disconnected from hose. I would have a pictures but he was a little upset to pose for me. Poor guy! To all our friends in Lincoln; we waved as we drove through town. So many friends, so little time! I drove the van with the girls in it so we did take one detour to drive by our old house that was just a few turns off of our route. I wanted to see if my rose bushes were still there that I had planted when I was 5 months pregnant with Lucy. They were there and they still had the purple curtains up in the girls room. Callie noticed that. That night we stayed in Sydney, NE.

We took the next day a little bit easier and stayed one more night in Rock Springs, WY. DO NOT stay at the EconoLodge there. We should have drove a little bit farther into town. It was very dirty and the management was very unprofessional. The manager fired a housekeeper in the front office where everyone was eating breakfast. I complained to the company after we got to Utah but only received a letter saying they would pass it on to the owner of that specific EconoLodge.

We all survived and made it to Utah on Monday. The kids were so excited to finally be off the road for a while.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So good to hear from you! I have wondered how things were going. Glad to get your new address, no apt number? Are you in a house now? I can't imagine moving around so much.

Christy said...

Welcome home! I've been hoping we'd get to hear your moving adventures again soon.

Deb said...

Glad to hear that the move is trucking right along. Just so you know, we were waving back as you drove thru Lincoln.

Amanda said...

We are in a house now. Once I get the rest of my blogs up it will explain more. I always seem to be short on time.