Monday, March 19, 2007

"Where We Will Stop, Nobody Knows!"



Mount Shasta, California will be our new home come April 15th. We have been trying to get back west to be closer to David's family and mine. An opportunity came up to head out that way and we are seizing it. We have really enjoyed it here in Independence, minus living in an apartment. Apartment living was hard to go back to. We have made some wonderful bonds here.

My older sister is getting married on April 5th and the children and I will be heading to Utah for the wedding at that time. In Utah we will wait for David to come with moving truck and from there we will all journey onto California. We will be 10 hours from my parents and 2 hours from David's. We are excited to be so close to David's parents. Our children haven't been around them very much and they need to get to know Grandma and Grandpa. Not to mention that Grandma and Grandpa need the grand children. About a year ago David's mom was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. She is still not feeling well at all so it has been very difficult for her to travel.

We are sad to be leaving the Mid-West as well. There has been so much to see and learn about. It will probably be a little while till we get back out here but we will return one day. I feel like we are leaving Lincoln all over again. I am grateful for the Internet and how easy it is to stay in contact. I will do my best to blog during this change in our lives, so be patient with me.

Just a side note - Happy Birthday Diannah and Colette!

9 comments:

Audra said...

I am so happy for you guys! Its hard to move but you do what you gotta do- that's what its all about! Keep in touch and send pictures! Looks like a beautiful place!

Christy said...

Congratulations! It's really such a beautiful area. One of my favorite vacations when I was young is that we rented a houseboat for a couple of weeks and lived on Lake Shasta with this other family.

Hollie said...

How fun! It's nice to be close to family. Right now Ryan's sister lives 2 hours from us and we see them all the time. I thinks that is the closest we have been to any family we have been married.

Good luck on the move and keep in touch. It has been fun with this blogging thing.

Deb said...

That sounds like so much fun! You will love being close to the family and you will love California. Please keep in touch... we love the blog!

Rachel said...

I agree with Deb about the blog. Thank goodness for the blog!! Sad that you're moving even farther away, but glad that we have a way to keep in touch!

wendysue said...

Congrats! You're right, nothing beats (almost) being close to family. I bet you're glad you can be so close to them.

Hey. . .now I can't get this out of my head

"I wanna. . . .i wanna. . .i wanna. . .i wanna SHASTA!!"

Amanda said...

Thanks everyone. You all are awesome.

Kori said...

Ditto! I am really excited for you guys! I guess you really did pick the right name for your blog page!

love ya!

The CEO said...

I am soooo excited for you. How fun. You will love that area...it is absolutely gorgeous. We will be a lot closer to you (we're moving to Reno NV in July). Happy trails! Shanna