Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Some of our daily views

Here is a map of where we live. Yes I drew it. The mailbox is about a mile from our house. Along the way we pass a private lake that is fenced with a tall fence and barb-wire. We have seen turtles, ducks, jumping fish, swans(2), and a crane.
This is us driving next to the private lake. It is off to the left of the van.
<------ that direction.


This the view from the road of Mount Shasta. I stuck the lens through the chain link fence.

This is Mount Shasta on the 3rd of October. Three days earlier it was bare of snow. This is also the view from our deck. I zoomed in some with the camera.


Here is Mount Shasta on the 14th of October. Shasta is usually covered with clouds so I seized the opportunity of a nice clear day to take a picture.


Here is Shasta on Sunday the 21st of October. All week it was under clouds getting a nice thick blanket of snow.

This is another spot that we pass daily.


4 comments:

Amy said...

AWWW !It's beautiful . The tree falling would have scared me too and you never like to deal with gas lines . Hope all is well.
Amy

Rachel said...

That tree falling, so scary! I'm glad it wasn't your house too! Your view is really beautiful, I've never lived around mountains. Where will you go when they sell the house?

Nick + Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick + Liz said...

Beautiful country. I would like to visit. Thanks for the map and arrows (good job).