Monday, February 04, 2008

A week of snow storms

What do you do in cold snowy weather? Well, I like to bake. Here is a sweet potato pie that I made. I made one the week before for David's work, it looked better than this one but I forgot to get a picture. And the thing in the middle is supposed to be snowflake.

On Thursday we got a good amount of snow. The earlier snow had melted a little so there was an even thicker layer of ice underneath. We got the Suburban stuck twice because of that. With the fresh snow it packed just right to put the tires in hole and let them spin. The second time I got it stuck some firefighters were driving by and was nice enough to help me. Aren't firefighters the best!! :) It was at the bottom of our driveway and the kids were up at the house. After their help in getting the truck up to the house this is what I found of the kids. Lucy was in the house watching a movie and Callie, George, and Ginger were outside marching in the snow. Well, around the bushes it had created some snow drifts that made the snow look the same deepth as the rest of the snow they were walking in. They got a little stuck. It looks like George was the smart one with gloves. I guess Callie left one at school and Ginger couldn't find any because they were in the dryer.



Carson coming home from school.




The snow drift outside of the side door of our garage.

Mount Shasta usually gets more snow than in Weed where we are at.

This is a storage garage outside the church.



There is minimal parking so we have to get there early. This past Sunday there was not a lot of people there, and it was not because of Super Bowl Sunday.

We had another storm come through on Saturday.

Here is one of the two entrances to the church.


The other, of the two entrances, is in the bottom picture.



Our Satelite is not working as well. A combination of snow and wind damage.



Here is everyone ready for church.




5 comments:

Rachel said...

Does it always snow that much there? I know you haven't been there long, but I was just wondering.

Amanda said...

I think this is what it should be but the last two years were very mild. At least that is what I hear. The ski resort that is 20-25minutes from us has the most snow of the countries ski parks with 190"-220" of snow. I am just amazed at how well they keep the roads plowed around here. Its still packed but as soon as it starts melting they are clearing it. In the last week we have seen three accidents on the freeway. One flipped over pick-up truck and two semi trucks that have slide into the median. One was really bad.

Cindy said...

We LOVE firefighters!! I am jealous for your snow. It reminds me of the snow we would get in Japan. I miss it!

Nick + Liz said...

Wow! I love it! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Audra said...

wow- I think I'll quit complaining about our snow...a wimpy 8 inches! You go girl!