Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This and That

*****Saturday night David took Carson, Callie, and George crawdad and night fishing with a guy and his son from work. Probably not the best timing the night before church. Carson caught one fish and the others caught some crawdads. In the process of fishing, Carson's hook flew up and hit just below his eye. That was close! I took the picture last night so its healing well.


*****Sunday night, on the computer, I found some old friends of ours from Ft.Bragg . Kyle and Jennifer Paul. They are living in Montana with their 6 children. They were both single adults with David and I. Kyle actually was David's home teacher and helped him to come out to church again. He would go by David's barrack and invite him to all the YSA(YoungSingleAdult) activities and to church. Of course once David met me he didn't need Kyle anymore. :) The last time we saw them was at Curtis and Cindy's open house in Utah(1999).

1994- at McDonald's for breakfast in Washington DC for a temple trip. David isn't in this picture but I am. The one's circled are Jennifer and Kyle.

1994(April) Curtis's(my brother) open house before his mission. David is in the very far back by the picture. Kyle is the second from the right and Jennifer is next to me. Curtis is the one in the bottom left corner.

1994 again. Jennifer, me, and Amy Ralphs.



*****Yesterday Ginger gets off the bus and says to me "Mom, I have a hot new girlfriend. And we have some hot boyfriends." We had a long discussion about how "hot" is not a word we use to describe anybody. We can say pretty or handsome but not "hot". Today I told her to remember not to say that and she said "Can I say it one more time to tell dad what I did?" I said yes. She is our little spice.

School is going well for the others, and Lucy is having fun with mom. Piano lessons started again and George is taking this year. Callie is learning the recorder at school, taking choir, and learning to knit from a single sister in our ward. Carson is hoping to be a part of the band this year with the trombone. He is also in choir and trying to work on his scouting. We are staying busy.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

OUCH! I always fear those hooks when I see people fishing. Really, I do.

All that music. That is wonderful!

Audra

Amy said...

Poor Carsen. Bummer!