Monday, September 08, 2008

Mr. MBA

David finally graduated from the University of Phoenix with his MBA. We drove to Sacramento, CA on Saturday to see him walk. The kids kept asking David if he was nervous, he said he was nervous for me having to sit with five children for over two hours. We did just fine though. I was more nervous about meeting up with him again at the end of it. One hard part was the kids seeing all the people with concession stand goodies. People looked like they were going to the movies.

We had pretty good seats. There was an empty seat on either side of our group of six seats. Right before it started two ladies asked if the seat on the end was taken and I said no then I realized I could move down and give them one more seat. So I got up to move to the end so none of the kids had to sit next to the two gentlemen on that end. When I got up George followed and some how those two ladies multiplied to three. I turned around and said no I just gave you two seats. They looked at me with blank expressions. "What?!" I said no and the lady behind me was trying to help me. They responded. "What?!" I gave up and grabbed Lucy to put her on my lap. Just what those ladies wanted I'm sure. We were fine. Lucy ended up falling asleep on my lap a little later. Carson is the one that didn't like it. He had to sit next to one of them. He kept glaring at me and whining.

Throughout the program the kids had played with my phone that then died. I was really worried then how I would meet up with David. I carried Lucy and Ginger held onto my shirt. The others followed really well. We just headed for the car. David wasn't to far behind but it seemed to take some of the excitement away from meeting right after. I was probably tired by that point.





This past May it was 7 years since David graduated from Weber State in Ogden, UT. At that time we had Carson(3), Callie(2), and George was just 5 months old. Time goes by so fast.


The camera lens must have had a fingerprint on it or something. The pictures turned out a little cloudy.

8 comments:

canihavethisdance said...

Congratulations on the graduation!
I'm sure that it is so nice to have behind you now!

Hollie said...

Congratulations!!!! Now, on to the next thing. Are you guys moving again?

Dennis said...

What an accomplishment! Congratulations!

Amanda said...

Hollie, only if you know something that we don't know. We are not planning on it.

Gina said...

Way to go, David! What a nice thing for all the family to attend the graduation.

Gina said...

Oh, and way to go Amanda for supporting him! I'm sure he couldn't have done it without you!

Rachel said...

Congrats to both of you! Sounds like your kids did better during the graduation ceremony than mine!

zopopee said...

congratulations, way to go you guys. take a breather (i don't know if i spelled that right). And Hollie, i don't know who you are but don't give them any ideas, unless you know of an opening for David in charlotte.