Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Korean treat

My parents sent my sister a mix to make this yummy Korean treat, "ho-dduck". It is a yeast dough that you shape around a brown sugar, cinnamon, and peanut mixture and cook like a pancake. Well my sister gave it to us so David could translate and make it. We were going to make it while we were in Utah last spring but we ran out of time. Anyway, we made it on Sunday and it turned out really good. David did say that it tastes better on the streets of Seoul in the cold weather. I guess with us coming to Provo we could have waited a little bit longer and shared with you Gina. We'll have to try the recipe out that I found.


Here is beautiful Christmas decoration that Callie made for us at school. She is so creative and crafty. She did not get that from me.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Cool! The "ho-duck" looks so yummy. I can taste them now. It's funny how you can remember tastes and smells. David is right, they tasted so good on cold days in Seoul.

zopopee said...

those look so good. it always seemed odd as a korean treat to me but soo tasty. thanks for the recipe. i was having difficulty explaining to maizie what they were, kinda of like a doughnut but more like a pancake. i noticed the recipe came from "mykoreankitchen.com" i went there and found under koreanpancakes it has the same recipe with step by step pictures. pictures always help me. I think we are going to try them for christmas. it seems like the perfect christmas treat. merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

I was in Korea last October as I was so upset that the ho-dduck sellers weren't out yet, even though it was quite cold. Those look great, but I have never seen anyone use a jugguck (rice scoop) to flip them before. My wife's sister sent us a ho-dduck turner (the metal disc on the end of a stick), but we lost it a long time ago and haven't made ho-dduck since.

Since we live in the desert, my wife hasn't made them for a while, but she said she wants to try this week after seeing your picture.