Saturday, August 14, 2010

A day at the beach


Arriving here in Washington, David was trying to find ways to busy himself without his family here, so he went to craigslist and found a Korean man that wanted lessons in English. They met and decided that David would learn and practice his Korean while Jason(the Korean man's English name) would learn and practice his English. Well they meet once a week and last Saturday we went on a picnic to SunnySide Beach, in the quaint town of Steilacoom, Washington. I met Jason's wife Susie and their 2 year old daughter Emma(their English names). They go home to Korea in December.
I never thought I was so short. Look at how tall Carson is. He still knows who the boss is though. This was taken at the end of the picnic. It was raining and the kids were wet and cold.


We had potato salad, coleslaw, hot dogs, chips, grilled chicken, cantaloupe and strawberries. It was all delicious.




I guess a lot of Korean children, and probably a lot of adults, make the peace sign in pictures.

Now Ginger has NEVER refused a photo moment. Odd! She was covered in sand and wet from walking in the water.

Now the coats were in a box still, so I quickly scrambled around right before we left and found 3 that we took. George being chilled puts one on and wades in the water. Losing his balance he falls in the water getting soaked and cold. We were down to 2 coats now. The pink one is Susie's jacket that she let George use. He survived.

This is Callie's treasure of seaweed. There was a lot there. We were told there are some little crabs there but we found only a few. I think it was the weather. It was fun to search for them though.

See what I mean! Ginger is always ready for the camera. Crazy girl!

Watch out Liza will soak you. I just have to mention that Liza started saying Mama this week. I have tried and tried to get her to say it. She uses it to get things though. She has gotten the words HI, HELLO, and ICE down too. She is growing up too fast. They all are!

1 comment:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I've gone private. Would you send me your email address so I can invite you? Thanks! Alliebrownie@gmail.com.