Sunday, October 03, 2010

Conference Weekend

Well our PC crashed yesterday so I am using David's laptop.  Hopefully I can get a picture in a day.  I know I missed Friday but I figured there are multiple ones on Saturday. :)

We had a nice conference weekend.  It was the 180th Semiannual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It consists of four 2 hours sessions.  The first we attended the local church building and then returned home to change clothes.  We had 2 hours before the next session so we drove to Carson's junior high to run around and get some energy out.  We had fun with Carson directing us in workout drills from his flag football routine, doing some laps, punting the football, and Liza eating poop she found in the long jump sand pit.  We returned home to get the next session on the laptop. 
Today we went to David's brother's house to watch the last 2 sessions and eat our traditional beligan waffles and buttermilk syrup.  Mmmmmm.  Delicious as always.  We also add some nice sausage, bacon, juice, and fruit salad.   

Ginger seems to be working really hard on that laptop. 


Pretty cousin Ava.


Another tea party.


Carson even helped out.  Now that is a great cousin.


Liza riding the local moose around here.


With a household of children its hard to get all of the talks from conference but I am so grateful to have heard the words of a prophet of God and fell the spirit of the words that were given.  I was so happy to hear of a new temple to be built in Lisbon, Portugal.  I was able to know many Portuguese members in the time that I was there and to know that they are getting a temple close to them is comforting to me.  When I was there in 1994-1996 the closest temple for the people of Portugal was in Switzerland.  The Madrid temple broke ground a month after I left Portugal.  What a blessing, as are all the temples that were announced. 

No comments: