Monday, November 15, 2010

My mother

I love my mother dearly.  We all do some crazy things in our lives and here is one that she did.  In May of 2009 my little sister Nancy got married in Manti, UT.  Manti is an hour and a half away from where my parents live.The day before the wedding my parents were going down to stay the night with Nancy and my sister Diannah.  That day before the wedding we were driving by the "share the bounty" stand near my parent's home where we found a bag of rhubarb.  A "share the bounty" stand is a place that people put extra produce that they have to share with others that can use it.  The rhubarb was beautiful.  Mom decided before she left to go to Manti that night she was gonna make some rhubarb pies, which she has never made before in her life.  So with wedding plans happening and so many family members in town she did it.  She made 2 beautiful, delicious rhubarb pies.  She took them out of the oven then walked out the door to head to Manti. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your Mom is amazing. We just love her.