Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

Well I have tried and tried to post pictures but it says "server rejected".  I don't know whats going on.  Here's a story though...

David and I spent a good part of the day doing some last minute shopping.  We took Liza with us the first half of the day.  While at Costco we met a precious lady in the cooler area where the milk is stored.  We were curiously comparing prices of chocolate milk.  An older black lady was standing with us doing the same.  After a minute she said, "So which is a better deal?  I'm following your lead on this."  We laugh and then ask her what she needs it for because one of the packages was a half gallon and the other was individual bottles sold in a set of 10.  She then said, "My husband needs to gain some weight and my daughter told me to get some chocolate milk hoping he'll drink it." So we tell her the half gallon is a better deal.  She goes on to tell us that ealier this month she and her husband celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and ealier this year her husband was diagnosed with cancer.  She asked through tears that if we are Christian please pray for Edward, her husband.  With more tears from her and me, she said to cherish each other.  To love each other.  It goes so fast.  I hugged her and said we would pray.  Her name is Erlene.  Then reality set back in and she apologized for crying and making me cry.  I was just thankful to have met her.    

2 comments:

Gina said...

What a sweet story. It had me tearing up, too. You truly never know what someone might be going through.

...Can't wait for the pictures.

Curtis said...

What a beautiful story. What a blessed place this world would be if everyone was a little more friendly one with another. I love to see people interact and enjoy one another's company. BEAUTIFUL!