Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Lucy moment

First of all, Lucy is a S L O W eater.  She is always the last one at the table and that makes her go even slower. 
The kids have been in school now for a little over 2 weeks.  Lucy was so looking forward to finally eating lunch at school this year.  Well everyday when she comes home she finishes her lunch as a snack.  Which is about three-fourths of what I gave her.  

The other day I asked her, "So you didn't finish your lunch again?"  
"No.", she said. 
I continued, "That's okay Lucy, Aunt Gina eats slow too." 
Lucy asks, "Is she the fifth child?"
I giggle a little, "No."
Lucy: "Are you the fifth child?"
"No", I said.  "Uncle Curtis is the fifth child."
"Uncle Curtis?" she said "Does he eat slow?"
Laughing a little more I tell her no, then let her know its okay to eat slow.  Its probably better for digestion.

___________________________________________________________________________
Later that evening at the dinner table, David and I were telling Carson, and the other children, how he used to eat as a baby.  He would cry in between bites.  I couldn't get the food in his mouth fast enough.  And when I would take it to his mouth he would be almost jumping out of his baby seat.  David does a good impression of him.

1 comment:

Gina said...

So funny! I remember being the last one at the table, too.