Monday, October 27, 2008

Eva Lillian Martin

**I forgot to mention that her sweetheart passed away in 1985 so there is a long awaited reunion happening**

David's maternal grandmother passed away this morning. She had a heart attack on Friday and didn't recover from it. She was 93. Sue, David's mom, was able to drive up to Washington from southern Oregon to be there when she passed.

I met Grandma Jenkins a few months after David and I were married. About year after that she suffered a stroke and then went to an assisted living facility. Carson was born before the stroke because I have a picture of them together when he was really little. Because of the stroke she lost her eye sight gradually and some mobility which later got worse.

We have visited her a several times throughout the years which has been nice. The last time though was when Ginger was a baby so its been about five years.

Here is a picture of Grandma Jenkins with little David and his brother Matt. David is on the left. It is one of the only pictures I have of her on the computer right now.


5 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm sorry to hear about David's Grandma. There is nothing like a Grandma's love.

Gina said...

What a cute picture. She looks like a sweet lady. I hope the family is doing well.

Rachel said...

My Grandpa passed away this month. He was 98. It was more of a happy feeling for me because he dearly missed my grandma who passed away ten years ago. I like to think of those reunions, they must be so joyous. Hope you are all doing ok.

THE BROWN FAMILY said...

Hey there Amanda, hope all is well with your sweet family and we should get together sometime. Nice to know there is some fam close by.

Team Pettijohn said...

Thanks for posting a picture of her, we never got the chance to meet. Our hubbys were such little cuties weren't they!