Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pinewood Derby 2011

The Pinewood Derby always seems to catch up on us so George took a sick day from school yesterday to work on it.  He was just gonna do a pick-up truck and then realized a hot wheel car would fit on the back.  The weight of it was an issue now.  We had to shed 1/4 of an ounce from the truck to make the 5ozs. weight max for the cars.  I wittled the bottom of the car for a while to loose that weight.  George worked the scale and we got it to 5ozs.  When we went to weigh it at the church we were over according to their scales.  Lucky some father had brought a drill.  So I went to drilling on the bottom again till we lost that tenth of an ounce it was over.  We made it and George's car did great.  He didn't place but won the "Most Realistic" award. 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulation! George
Hello~ Amanda. I'm Jason.
I watched your blog well.
I think your family is happy.
I miss you~.
always be happy~~.
please say to David hi and send email.
bogusj77@gmail.com

Amanda said...

Thanks Jason! It is so good to hear from you. I bet it is nice to be home in Korea. I will tell David Hi and give him your email address. Please tell Susie and Emma Hi from us.