Monday, November 06, 2006

Soccer

GO Carson!
The FANS!

Carson has finished his first season of soccer. The team finished undefeated. He had a good team and coach. There is an activity center here that is run by the Community of Christ church(RLDS renamed) so they don't have any games on Sunday and they run it for the kids. They don't put up with loud, obnoxious parents on the sidelines either. http://www.bvacsports.org/
I really enjoyed going and watching the games. I'm not a huge sports fan but I guess its different when your child is out there. Next year we'll get Callie kickin'.

4 comments:

Hollie said...

That looks like fun, and nice that there are no games on Sunday.

So, are there a lot of RLDS out there? We have a few churches in St. Louis.

Amanda said...

There are quite a few. I counted in the paper that they had 20-25 buildings. Their "temple" and conference center is here. There are also branches of the RLDS church that have broken off also. Some day I'll blog about how many and their different names. Our bishop grew up in the Community of Christ church and his dad was a of some authority(I don't know what). His parents went to Salt Lake and spoke with general authorities before they decided to leave the C.of Christ. That was in the 70's. It all intrigues me.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I see you have a sit and stand stroller. How do you like it?

Kori said...

PS--it was me "tourdelife" who asked you about the stroller. I don't know why it says "anonymous"!