Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

Thanksgiving was really nice for us. That morning we drove to Whiteman Air force Base to participate in the blessing of our new niece and cousin Megan Ruth. My brother Curtis, was stationed there in July. Its good to have family close by again. My sister-in-law had her family visiting from Wisconsin for the holiday so we let them enjoy the day together. We left shortly after the blessing to return home to get ready for our meal.

Chad is my youngest brother. His in-laws live in Liberty and they invited us to have Thanksgiving with them. We were at the stake center which was really nice. A large kitchen, plenty of room for tables, and a big gym for the kids to run around in. The tables were decorated very nicely and there was plenty of food.


There were about 30 people, 12 of them were children all under 9. Carson being the oldest. They made food assignments and I was asked to bring a green salad, a desert, and dinner rolls. Since we had gone to my brothers earlier that day I bought some brown and serve rolls. I made some pumpkins pies the day before and a chocolate eclair cake. The green salad I bought from Costco. There was another green salad there that was really good. After having that one, mine didn't taste very good. You could taste the bag salad flavor. When we got there my brother's mother-in-law said she was hoping I would have made my mom's sweet potato casserole. That is yummy. I will give that recipe if anybody wants it. Its like a desert. Anyway, I told her "I was going to but I decided to give the boys haircuts instead." I wanted to give the boys haircuts for sometime but just never did it. I wanted them to look nice at the meal so with the little time between my niece's blessing and going to Liberty I cut their hair. They didn't much care for it. We had lots of fun. We played volleyball with a beach ball, played electronic "CatchPhrase", and there was the movie "Curious George" playing for any wandering children. All of the food was delicious. We all had the feeling of to much stuffing.

The next morning Carson and Callie were up about 6:30 am. They gave us this note with a tray of food consisting of pumpkin pie, egg nog, toast, and butter. Like we didn't get enough the day before. Ugh! What wonderful children! Carson later told us that they did it hoping we would give them more game time. Again, what wonderful children! Look at those napkins!


2 comments:

wendysue said...

That is priceless, I wish I could have pumpkin pie for breakfast every morning!!

(I guess we aren't the only ones that reserve out a stake center for Thanksgiving. . .it's a GREAT idea!!)

Hollie said...

That note is so funny! Wow, I hope I raise Mckenzie to give me breakfast in bed, even if it's for something she wants....hahaha

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.