Saturday, January 27, 2007

Callie's Baptism



Today Callie was baptized. Papa and Grammy came out from Utah as well as Aunt Gina and Gina's fiance' Duncan. George called him Uncle Duncle a few times. Duncan laughed but I don't think we'll make a habit of it. Aunt Cindy and her four little ones came too. My brother Curtis was out of town or else he would've been there. I'm sure that all our other family members would have been here, had it been possible. We missed all of you.

Callie was so excited and nervous. David baptized her and Papa confirmed her. Callie only had to go under once so she was relieved. My sister, Gina, gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and I gave one on baptism. I don't think moms should speak 'cause all I did was cry. I guess I should say just this mom 'cause I'm sure other moms do just fine. I remember Colette sharing pictures and stories about John while he was dressing and she was well composed. Anyway, other than Ginger and Lucy being a bit squirmy, the baptism was beautiful.

In the picture its Aunt Cindy with little Megan, Duncan, Gina, Lucy, me(Amanda), David, Grammy, and Papa. The next row is Callie, Carson, George, Jacob, Nick, Caleb, and Ginger in the front.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations Callie! Seeing those pictures makes me wish we could have been at her baptism. I missed Carson's too! We still miss you guys, but I'm loving the blogs!

Hollie said...

Yeah Callie! Congratulations! That is an awesome picture. Sounds like it was a very special day that will be remembered for a long time. Miss ya Callie:)

Amanda, I love your hair too:)

wendysue said...

Congratulations Callie!