Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Zzzzzzz....

Today Carson and Callie had choir practice after school so George was riding home alone on the bus. George has had a habit of falling asleep on the bus but Callie was always there to wake him up. This morning Callie told George to sit next to someone he knows so they can wake him up if he falls asleep. George told her he wasn't going to fall asleep.

Later this afternoon I was hurrying the girls to the car to go pick up George. The bus stop is over a mile away. George is so sensitive I was afraid I wouldn't make it when he first gets off the bus. So I get there and I see no bus and no George. The bus has been late before. So I park and wait. I got there at 3:35. I was still there waiting at 3:55. I told myself at 4pm I would call David to have him call the bus center. At 3:58 the bus pulls up from the opposite direction that it usually comes. George gets off the bus and then the bus driver. She tells me that George had fallen asleep and was down on the seat. She had gone back to the bus center and found him in a ball on the seat. She then left a message at our home then drove him back to the bus stop where I had been waiting.

Poor George! We all survived.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

so cute!

Unknown said...

That story is hilarious! Hey Amanda, I know its been a while but I got your link off of Kori's site. My link is on there too if you want to check out my blog.

Hollie said...

Poor George. That is too cute.