Thursday, July 03, 2008

4th of July ward barbecue

This is the view of Mount Shasta covered in smoke. It doesn't smell like fire, there is just the haze around in the sky.
This is of Mount Shasta from our house a couple of days ago.
This is a clear picture of Mount Shasta in February from our house.
Okay, now the ward barbecue. This is the carrot cake that I made. It is the recipe of my great-grandmother. A recipe that is close to it is on youtube. I didn't add any baking powder. It turned out really yummy.
I tried to get a picture of the inside because it had such a nice color to it. It was hard to do when I cut it there. The next potluck I will do it in a 9x13 pan. But I got some compliments on the cake, mostly by middle aged brothern. One brother let me now that I was on his "I will eat what they bring to a potluck" list. I think we all have one of those lists.
Here is Lucy's little friend, Josiah.
Carson and our Bishop. I couldn't pass up this picture.
The water balloon launch. I remember a ward party in Germany, when I was about 7, that turned into a full blown water fight with a hose and all. I remember people getting drenched.

Ginger is our animal lover. She and Lucy have no fear. We have been teaching our dog "no bite" by clamping its mouth closed and saying "no bite". Ginger had no problem doing the same to this big dog. Sis. Houser, the owner, was shocked.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Fun! That is a good carrot cake. I use half oil and half applesauce.

Unknown said...

That carrot cake looks great. Im going to have to give it a try.