Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Aunt Dizzle in da hizzle!

On our way down to pick up Aunt Diannah from Sacramento, CA.

The fires are still around.

Here are some of the heroes to fight the fires.



Sleepy Lucy.

Waiting for Aunt Diannah at the airport. That's a lot of lost luggage!

The support beam in the airport.


The orange sky from the fires on our way back. A couple of hotels had several fire trucks outside of it. I can't imagine fighting fires in the 100 dregree temperatures we have had.


The next day we went to a lavender farm near here. They have a very short season so we were glad we were able to make it.


Diannah and Ginger harvesting lavender. They have the parasols there to use. The kids loved them as you can tell in the following pictures.


Even the boys got into parasols. The John Deere helped to balance things out.


Pretty little girls in lavender. We got to taste some lavender lemonade while we were there. They sold the lavender 100 stems for $3. It was very relaxing to smell all the lavender.

On Saturday we went to the carnival that was a mile from our house. The kids rode and rode and rode rides. Lucy loved it. She really liked "the Scrambler". She was asleep within seconds of getting in the car.



Here are some fun pictures. I'll finish later.

4 comments:

Amy said...

How fun to have your sister there. I love the lavender fields. I can almost smell them....mmmmm. It's so sad about the fires all the pretty land it's burning.

Unknown said...

I would love to pick lavender - how fun!

wendysue said...

MMMM. I love lavender!! What a fun time! And beautiful pictures of those beautiful girls and their parasols.

but I have to admit that the spinning ride makes me want to throw up. . .I could do those when I was a kid, but I'm sure I'd lose it now.

Gina said...

Great pictures! What a fun time. I LOVE the picture of Ginger holding the lavender up to the camera. You'll have to email me a copy of that one.