Friday, April 18, 2008

Precious moments!

Yesturday was a busy day as are most of our days. Carson had his baseball practice changed from Friday to Thursday and there was an open house at the elementary school last night. Ginger and Lucy and I had some free time on our hands because David went to the school with Callie and George and Carson was busy with practice, so we went to the park.

After the park we went back to the baseball park and waited for Carson. There were some big logs of wood that I was sitting on while the girls played in the dirt.(dirt, my favorite) Anyway, Lucy came to sit by me so I helped her up on the wood.

The setting sun was in our eyes so I had my hand on my forehead trying to block and I leaned down and asked Lucy "How was your day?".

She didn't respond, then put her hand on her forehead and asked me, "How was your day?".

I responded, "Good, I went to the park with my daughters today."

She said, "You have fun with them?"

I said, "Oh, yes".

She smiled and got down then wanted up again.

I helped her up, she put her hand to her forehead again and then she asked me, "How was your day?".

I then responded, "Good, I went to the park with my daughters today."

She asked, "You love it?".

I answered, "Oh, yes I loved it."

She then said, "I love you mom."

I told her I loved her too with a hug.

Then I turned to Ginger who was sitting on the other side of me and asked her if she had a good day and she said thinking deeply, "Yes" then laughing she said, "It was the same as yours." Silly mom!

4 comments:

Dennis said...

That sounds like a perfect day. Enjoy every moment! Denny

Unknown said...

How sweet. I love your stories :)

Kev and Nan said...

Things like that make all that dirt worth it :)

Amy said...

How sweet is that. LOVE the talk with the kiddos.