Friday, May 16, 2008

Wee Lemon Cakes

For a combined activity on Wednesday night we had a Mother's Social with the mothers and their son or daughter in honor of Mother's day. We had tables nicely set with tea cups and platers of goodies. I didn't have my camera there or I would have pictures. We played a game like the Newlywed game. It was fun.

I made these for the occasion. I just love the look and smell of fresh citrus. When I made it, I doubled it because I made some for David's work as well.



Wee Lemon Cakes

1 pkg yellow cake mix

1½ pounds confectioners sugar

strained juice of 2 lemons

grated rind of 2 lemons

strained juice of 2 oranges

grated rind of 2 oranges

Mix cake according to directions except omit 3 tablespoons water. Drop by teaspoon into greased, floured miniature cupcake pans. Bake at 375ยบ for 10 to 12 minutes.

Combine remaining ingredients thoroughly. Remove cakes when cooked and immediately drop cakes into mixture with slotted spoon and place on waxed paper(you could put them on a cooling rack if you don't want them to soak up so much juice). Makes 4 or 5 dozen.

1 comment:

Amy said...

MMMM...yummy. Those look wonderful. I love lemon stuff.